Sorry for cross-posting! I received this email via SLA-IL. Please see below
for application instructions.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Abbott is seeking a full-time senior level information architect who is
passionate about taxonomy, metadata, and navigation design. This person will
be responsible for the development, delivery, and leadership of the Taxonomy
and Metadata services program within the Information Architecture group at
Abbott. The perfect candidate will professionally demonstrate expertise in
Information Architecture principals and will have successfully incorporated
Taxonomy and Metadata programs within a large enterprise.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design and implement a comprehensive metadata and taxonomy
· Content assessment, classification, and organization.
· Navigation, Glossary, Taxonomy design and management.
· Deliver a comprehensive Taxonomy and Metadata enterprise services
· Develop Search and discovery strategies for web, database and
· Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic
business issues involving Information Architecture programs.
· Understand and consult on business client/project information
· Develop and manage governance processes around taxonomy, metadata,
enterprise glossaries, and navigation.
· Contribute to best practices for Information Architecture products
· Conduct taxonomy workshops to develop new taxonomies for new
· Work with other technical team members, functional analysts, and
internal clients to make sure that all requirements are achieved.
· Serve as Metadata and Taxonomy evangelist/domain expert across the
· Incorporate enterprise taxonomy into intranet and extranet search.
· Minimum of 6-9 years of proven success working in the area of
Information Architecture or related disciplines and minimum of
5-7 years experience in aspects of project and product management,
including writing requirements, vendor selection,
leading cross-functional teams.
· Skilled in strategic planning.
· Deep understanding of the complex challenges of information and
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
· Experience with Sharepoint or other collaboration products
· Experience with Websphere Portal or other enterprise portal
· Experience with Synaptica taxonomy software or other similar
· Working knowledge of enterprise content management solutions.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft FAST, Google Search Appliance, and
Autonomy IDOL Enterprise Search platforms.
· Strong team player collaborates well with others to solve
problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
· Strong leadership skills ability to successfully lead enterprise
initiatives with diverse project team members.
· Strong analytical skills and strong problem solving skills;
communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively
evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles
and develops plans to resolve.
· Ability to hit tight deadlines and work under pressure.
· Strict attention to detail.
· Passion for exploring, understanding and evaluating new
technologies within a fast-paced team.
· Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: verbal, written and
BS in Information Science or other related discipline.
An EOE, we are as committed to employee diversity as we are to our broad
products and services.
- - - - - - - - -
Digital Asset Specialist | Digital Asset Division
Sears Holdings Corporation
3333 Beverly Road, CC-757A
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
2012 IA Summit
March 21 - 25, 2012
Hyatt Regency New Orleans, LA
When replying, please *trim your post* as much as possible.
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments
Searchable Archive at http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/
Sigia-l mailing list -- post to: Sigia-l_at_asis.org
Changes to subscription: http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/sigia-l
Received on Wed May 18 2011 - 17:58:08 EDT