UI/Flex Developer, NYC | 115-130k
This is a full time, on-site, salaried position located in New York City
paying $115,000-130,000 + benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US
Citizens, Green Card holders or EAD only please. Local candidates
preferred; however, rock star candidates interested in relocating at
their own expense considered as well.
The purpose of this role is to design and implement UX and UI solutions
for complex business requirements. This role requires experience in
developing rich internet applications that are tailored for performance
and ease of use. The candidate must work effectively within a global
team to rapidly implement solutions and deliver production quality
applications which are highly supportable and maintainable.
The team is responsible for consolidating various commercial 'direct'
sites into a single multi-product web based Flex application with a
focus on usability and reliability. Candidate must work well under
pressure and have the ability to adjust and deliver under tight
* Produce and implement high quality code which is functional and
* Talk to the business sponsors to help gather requirements and
* Participate in the development process for gathering requirements,
implementing and releasing applications.
* Impart knowledge and benefit of experience to other members of the
Core Competencies / Skills:
* Expert level proficiency in Flex/ActionScript 3, Java, or C++
* Extensive experience developing rich internet applications
* Experienced in user experience design and user interfaces
* Real-time messaging technologies for pushing high volume data (Adobe
LCDS/BlazeDS, Lightstreamer, etc)
* Test driven development
* Strong understanding of OOP, design patterns, and data structures
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Linux (shell scripting, debugging, command line tools)
* Deployment and management of application containers (Tomcat, Weblogic,
* Some foreign exchange and/or fixed income business experience is a
plus, but not required.
* Ability to communicate ideas and take on board the ideas of others.
* Needs to be interested in the business line and in producing high
* Must continually look for improvements to all aspects of development
* Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
* Must interested in computing in general and be able to apply outside
knowledge to our work.
* Ability to learn new things quickly and ask informed questions.
* Ability to work effectively and influence people from outside the IT
team, with support people and business people.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a portfolio if you have
one along with your salary requirements to
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
IA Summit 2010
April 7-11, 2010
Hyatt Regency, Phoenix, AZ
When replying, please *trim your post* as much as possible.
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments
Searchable Archive at http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/
Sigia-l mailing list -- post to: Sigiaemail@example.com
Changes to subscription: http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/sigia-l
Received on Thu Oct 08 15:56:02 2009