We have an opening for a key role in our group. If you are interested please
write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and best of luck,
Director Usability, NAD | Staples Inc.
Ph. 508 253 3986 | Fax 508 253 8946
Usability Project Manager
[Staples e-commerce sites, catalogs and emails]
(Position is located in Framingham, MA which is about 25 minutes west of
You've heard our company tagline: "That was easy." Now come join one of the
key teams that make that statement a reality. The Staples Usability team
continues to be one of the thought leaders in usability and is growing to
meet company demand for our services.
Serve as the central usability resource for large Staples e-commerce
websites such as Staples.com, Quill.com and others.
- Manage and conduct user experience research based on accepted
- Lead usability and IA involvement for large multi-disciplinary projects
to enhance and improve e-commerce capability. Serve as the champion of user
experience on these initiatives.
- Delve deeply into onsite user behavior by research through surveys,
analytics and other observations.
- Present research to senior level leadership and advocate user
- Build upon and develop existing cross functional relationships with
internal teams such as IS, customer service and logistics and delivery.
Manage usability input for various print vehicles including catalogs, direct
mail and the inter-relationship of these with online. Provide usability
input for various e-mail and marketing campaigns.
- Keep abreast of web usability influences that may affect Staples.com
skill set or processes used in the workplace.
- Manage contractor resources as required by projects.
- Review vendor applications to determine usability level and
out-of-the-box suitability; make recommendations on improvement as needed
- Minimum of an MS degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or
related discipline required
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of usability experience in a corporate or
consulting environment required; Experience in a retail environment a plus
- Experience in usability testing practices and theory required
- Understanding of information architecture principles and interaction
- Must be a strong presenter with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects for multiple clients at once
- Well versed in interface capabilities on the web. Knowledge of DHTML
and AJAX is a plus. Ability to create click through prototypes to show such
functionality is a huge plus.
- Understanding of statistical methodologies is a plus. Working knowledge
of statistical packages like SAS, SPSS, etc. a plus
- Approximately 20-30% travel required
If you are interested please write to email@example.com along
with your resume and mention this position.
IA Summit 2009:
Peabody Hotel in Memphis
Pre cons on March 18 and 19
Sessions on March 20, 21, 22
When replying, please *trim your post* as much as possible.
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments
Searchable Archive at http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/
Sigia-l mailing list -- post to: Sigiafirstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to subscription: http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/sigia-l
Received on Wed Jul 08 21:31:41 2009