Thumbplay Inc., the leading consumer brand in wireless entertainment, has an
immediate opening for an Information Architect to join a growing group of
user experience professionals on the product development team. The ideal
candidate will demonstrate a depth of experience in information architecture
practices, with an emphasis on navigation design, interaction design, and
principles of designing for e-commerce systems. The Information Architect
will work for the Director of Customer Experience and with the Product and
Operations teams to transform the Thumbplay web and mobile consumer
experiences through online initiatives and mobile products. The candidate
should be comfortable playing roles from information architect to usability
expert to project manager.
• Create world class web and mobile commerce experiences.
• Work closely with product development, technology, and marketing teams
to define strategy, help gather requirements and shape feature sets.
• Translate user needs into desirable user interfaces.
• Represent the user, either through developing user personas or
• Work with team to create own project timeline and manage own
deliverables to delivery dates.
• Develop deliverables that communicate ideas clearly, including
heuristic and competitive evaluations, personas, sitemaps, wireframes, and
functional specification documents.
• Become acquainted with site analytics data to inform designs and
• Contribute to the product development team by introducing new ideas and
• Four + years of applied experience in designing usable web interfaces.
• Two + years of applied information architecture experience.
• BA/MA in information architecture, human-computer interaction,
information design, technical writing, or user-experience-related field.
• Strong understanding of user research, usability, and web standards.
*Submit a cover letter, resume, and samples of work to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thumbplay, Inc. is a leading provider of mobile entertainment services to
consumers. The company aggregates, promotes and delivers mobile content
directly to members from Thumbplay.com. The site offers ringtones,
wallpapers, games and text-based services through a membership-based,
community experience. Thumbplay, headquartered in New York, is backed by
leading venture capital firms, including SoftBank Capital, i-hatch Ventures
and Redwood Partners. For more information, visit www.thumbplay.com.
IA Summit 2009:
Peabody Hotel in Memphis
Pre cons on March 18 and 19
Sessions on March 20, 21, 22
When replying, please *trim your post* as much as possible.
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments
Searchable Archive at http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/
Sigia-l mailing list -- post to: Sigiaemail@example.com
Changes to subscription: http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/sigia-l
Received on Wed Jun 04 17:52:43 2008