Company: Hanapin Marketing
Job Title: Senior Project Manager - Web Development
Location: Bloomington, Indiana
Don't be lured by the bright lights of the big city! Come work for an
award-winning Internet Marketing and Web Development firm, right here in
Bloomington. Hang out with people who know what Twitter is, stay on the
cutting edge by working with some of the best companies in Indiana, and work
for a company where your talents are appreciated.
Hanapin Marketing is looking for a Senior Project Manager for our Web
Development division. If you can answer yes to the following five questions,
we want to hear from you!
1. Is your love for all things Internet exceeded only by your desire to tell
others about them?
2. Are you a huge fan of The Office, have all three seasons on DVD, and
can't wait until April 5th?
3. Do you wonder why people think Craigslist needs to be redesigned?
4. Do you love challenges and learning and growing on a daily basis?
5. Have you read "Don't Make Me Think" so many times you had to buy a new
If you answered yes to those questions, you may be a good fit for us. Read
* Ability to work at least 40 hours on site at our Bloomington offices
* Ability to put in extra time at nights and on weekends as necessary (avg
* Can work both independently with little direct supervision and within a
* Get along with the other 6 Hanapin team members
* Eagerly willing to tackle unfamiliar problems and research "best practice"
* Minimum of two years experience managing web development projects (i.e.
you manage the project, not code the website)
* Experience in gathering requirements, scoping projects via site maps and
wire frames, conducting testing, and managing deployment
* Strong understanding of information architecture and how it informs design
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to "think on
your feet" with clients
* Ability to develop strong client relationships with a commitment to client
* Ability to manage multiple projects with grace under pressure
* Familiarity with keyword research and search engine optimization
(You don't have to meet these, but if you do, we love you already.)
* Thorough knowledge of Internet Marketing and recent trends in Web Design
* Familiarity of multiple analytics packages such as Google Analytics or
* You have a blog!
* Experience using project management software (e.g MS Project or Basecamp)
and drawing tools (Visio, Open Office Draw, or Adobe Illustrator)
* Direct experience with copywriting or programming (PHP or .NET)
Compensation and Benefits:
* Competitive annual salary, paid every two weeks via direct deposit
* Paid time off for holidays
* Two weeks paid vacation annually
* Matching Simple IRA up to 3%
* Fully-funded health and life insurance
* Use of company laptop
* Casual dress
* 1 on 1 review with the President at months 6 and 12 and annually
* Opportunity for raises every 12 months
About Hanapin Marketing:
Hanapin Marketing is an Internet Marketing and Web Development firm
specializing in website development, pay per click advertising, and search
engine optimization. Found in 2004, Hanapin has grown to a staff of seven
employees. We have serviced more than 60 clients with 25 currently on a
recurring monthly retainer. Representing a variety of industries, Hanapin's
clients include AuthorHouse, Pro Winds, Resite Online, Cook Incorporated,
Textillery, and the Bloomington Chamber of Commerce. Hanapin Marketing's
clients have included eight Indiana Entrepreneurial Awards of Distinction
winners (formerly Indiana Growth 100), three Inc 500 winners, and two
Fortune 500 companies.
Five Reasons to Work for Hanapin Marketing:
1. You want to work for a firm whose clients trust them implicitly: The
average tenure of our clients is nearly 2 years, while 1 out of every 3 has
been with us for 3+ years.
2. You want to work for a firm that makes a difference: Hanapin won the 2007
Fuse award for Innovative Business of the Year. Sponsored by the Small
Business Development Center and inVenture, it's awarded to a high-growth
Bloomington company who has changed the lives of its clients.
3. You want to work for a firm with proven online experience: We helped
increased revenues at AuthorHouse 233% over just 4 years. Clients have
started new divisions because they knew we could support their marketing
efforts. We've taken a firm from $0 to $1.5M in online revenue. We know how
to grow businesses using the Internet.
4. You want to work for a firm with a holistic and strategic approach to the
web search engine marketing: We offer concierge services that take clients
from cradle to grave, from keyword selection to linking strategies to
content development. We understand how these pieces fit together and how to
maximize them online.
5. You want to work for a firm that's a leader in Indiana: Our employees
come from proven Indiana companies such as AuthorHouse, Finelight, and The
Finish Line. We manage internetworking, a monthly networking and Internet
Marketing education meeting, and our President is an adjunct professor at
IU, teaching one of the nation's few courses on search engine marketing.
How to Apply:
1. Create an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Write a short but sweet bio/intro. Here's your chance to shine and show
us you can write well!
3. Include your salary requirements.
4. Attach your resume as a PDF. Please, no Word docs or anything other than
5. Please see #3 and #4!
6. Please send this email no later than March 31, 2008.
Hat tip to SEOmoz (www.seomoz.org) for their wonderful job description
IA Summit 2008: "Experiencing Information"
April 10-14, 2008, Miami, Florida
When replying, please *trim your post* as much as possible.
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments
Searchable Archive at http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/
Sigia-l mailing list -- post to: Sigiaemail@example.com
Changes to subscription: http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/sigia-l
Received on Mon Mar 17 16:34:34 2008