Abbott, a Fortune 100 Company located north of Chicago, has an exciting
opportunity available for an Enterprise Search Program Lead. To apply,
submit your materials via Abbott's online job application by visiting
http://www.abbott.com, navigating to Careers > Featured Jobs > United
States > Search Openings > Keyword: Enterprise Search. A copy of the job
posting is below.
Project Manager - Knowledge Management
Abbott Park, IL
Job Title: Enterprise Search, Program Lead
Job Family: Information technology
Job Category: Full-Time
Job Classification: Experienced
Division: Corporate Finance and Administration
Education Requirements: Masters degree in library and/or information
science, or equivalent professional experience.
Significant Work Activities & Conditions: Keyboard use (greater or equal
to 50% of the workday)
Percentage of Travel: 5%
Site Location: For corporate headquarters positions, please select Abbott
Park,IL and Lake County,IL
Job Description: Abbott, a Fortune 100 healthcare company is seeking a
dynamic and innovative professional to provide enterprise search and
taxonomy leadership for corporate-wide knowledge management solutions that
support information needs of all Abbott’s lines of business and employees
in 130 countries.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide internal consulting for search and taxonomy areas of expertise
including vocabulary development, content assessment classification and
organization, and enterprise search strategies for web, database and other
- Cultivate strategic internal partnerships and understand information
needs to facilitate development of end-user information access solutions
in support of business strategy.
- Investigate and recommend search and taxonomy technology solutions that
are address project requirements.
- Manage and prioritize search and taxonomy portfolios; coordinate
teamwork of corporate and affiliate partners in enterprise search and
- Identify and source necessary human resources to accommodate search and
taxonomy project needs.
- Manage project-specific financial resources and identify potential cost
- Represent the Library Information Resources group on corporate-wide
teams to ensure that investment in enterprise search and taxonomy
solutions are leveraged through the organization.
Skills/Experience Requirements o Demonstrated leadership ability in
management of complex technical and knowledge management solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to translate broad strategies into specific
objectives and action plans.
- Minimum 3 years project or team leadership, including demonstrated
consensus building and problem solving in a distributed team environment.
- Requires excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication
- Experience in global, corporate healthcare library environment
preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience with taxonomy, metadata management, and/or
search solutions is required. Knowledge and experience with Autonomy K2,
IBM WebSphere Portal, and ILWCM products preferred, but not required.
IA Summit 2008: "Experiencing Information"
April 10-14, 2008, Miami, Florida
When replying, please *trim your post* as much as possible.
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments
Searchable Archive at http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/
Sigia-l mailing list -- post to: Sigiaemail@example.com
Changes to subscription: http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/sigia-l
Received on Thu Dec 20 14:51:05 2007