SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] how to do a remote card sort fo

[Sigia-l] how to do a remote card sort for $200 or less

From: Laurie Gray <laurie.gray_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 09:41:44 EST

I just got this tip:

1. sign up for a study at websort.com, or use any online cardsorting tool.
(a single study at websort.com is $99)
2. put $100 in an account at Amazon's mturk (mturk.com), which provides what
are essentially micropayments to task participants.
3. link your card sorting task to mturk and let it go.

This tip just turned me on to mturk. After the briefest exploration, I think
it's a brilliant idea. Here's the story behind it:
http://www.mturk.com/mturk/help?helpPage=whatis
I haven't used it, so I do wonder what the uptake rate is on the participant
side (if you need 100 participants can you get them?), but it's worth
exploring, I think.

Have fun -
Laurie
IA Summit 2008: "Experiencing Information"
April 10-14, 2008, Miami, Florida

-----