SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] Rant: One for the OmniGraff

Re: [Sigia-l] Rant: One for the OmniGraffle users

From: Andrew Boyd <facibus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 03:17:33 EDT

On 10/29/07, Ziya Oz <listera@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Andrew Boyd:
>
> > At least until we get Axure for OSX :)
>
> Surely you meant Thermo?
>
> <http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Thermo>
> <http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/adobe_thermo_ria_design_tool.php>

I'd rather have an Axure version for OSX. I know that it works as a
real rapid prototyping tool (not like anything I've found for OSX yet,
although I'd really like to be convinced otherwise). I've put in
hundreds of billable hours using Axure over the last 18 months or so
and I really like it. Because it works. Ask me, I'll tell you all
about it :)

I know it is "the designer is the most important part of the solution"
and not "hey, look at the size of my tool" but at some stage the tools
do have to actually work better than big dumb photo editing apps, or
Visio-style diagramming tools.

Cheers, Andrew

---
Andrew Boyd