SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] IA of manuals

Re: [Sigia-l] IA of manuals

From: Ruth Kaufman <ruth.kaufman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 22:55:39 EDT

Hi Luca,

DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture) may give you some of
what you're looking for. It is more about content structures than UI
design. Some of the primary concepts in DITA are: concept, task, and
reference. Its origins lie with the authoring of technical
documentation at IBM.

Here's a start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Information_Typing_Architecture
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-dita1/