SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] IA Mythbusters - impact of redesign in traffic

[Sigia-l] IA Mythbusters - impact of redesign in traffic

From: Livia Labate (liv_at_livlab.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 10:38:33 EDT

Often I hear quotes at work about user behavior, metrics and design
guidelines that I can't imagine where people pulled from. I'm starting
to capture them to see if there is a way to uncover the truth in them.

First one:

"Whenever sites go through redesign there is a dip in traffic, then
rebound and increase [...] 20% dip is an industry standard (average),
but the dips range typically depend on the scope of changes"

 From your experience, what validates or invalidates this?

IA Summit 2008: "Experiencing Information"
April 10-14, 2008, Miami, Florida

-----