Return to http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/0703/0252.html

SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] Organizing FAQ's

[Sigia-l] Organizing FAQ's

From: Roger Zender (rogerzender_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 10:38:14 EDT

Hi there,

I have an idea that I'm curious how other people may have approached
it. As we're redesigning our Academic Library website, we're
considering a separate FAQ application that would have it's own
"home" page, where all questions are available, but then parse out
the specific, relevant questions onto the pages that talk about that
specific service.

For example, when a user goes to our Information Literacy page, on
the right side of that page would appear the dynamically generated
FAQ's content box listing the top 5 questions dealing with Info
Literacy.

Does anyone have examples of this being done already? Any thoughts
on why this may be a good, or not so good idea? Any other scenarios
for dealing with a fairly large amount of FAQ's that someone could
recommend?

Thanks,
Roger

--------------------------------------
Web Services Coordinator
Kelvin Smith Library / http://library.case.edu
Case Western Reserve University
roger.zender_at_case.edu
216-368-5637

IA Summit 2007: Enriching IA
Rich Information, Rich Interaction, Rich Relationships
March 22-26, 2007, Las Vegas, NV
www.iasummit.org
-----