SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: Re: [Sigia-l] "Search Inside the Music"

Re: Re: [Sigia-l] "Search Inside the Music"

From: Alexander Johannesen (alexander.johannesen_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 23:18:49 EDT

On 7/13/06, Davezilla <davezilla_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> It's great if you only listen to relatively popular music. I don't
> (1st Year Gen X-er), and I have yet to find even ONE band I listen to
> on it. *sigh*

I'm a classical / baroque buff, and they've got *nothing* of the sort.
I do use it, however, for listening to stuff I listened to a long
while ago (mostly jazz and the occasional 80's tune), but my wife is
quite an avid user (she's not as difficult as me). For her it works
great, for me it just doesn't. Currently it's very mainstream, but
they add new music all the time, and if you're into jazz it's quite
good. They give you mostly spot on recomendations, with the ability to
further filter out some rubble.

I think it's a fantastic application that works as intended, provided
your starting-point music is in there. They don't have any Seawind,
though. :)

Alex

--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert