SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] "Search Inside the Music"

Re: [Sigia-l] "Search Inside the Music"

From: Melanie Kendell (melanie.kendell_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 19:08:37 EDT

I haven't delved into their methodology but you might want to have a
look at www.pandora.com an internet radio service based on the Music
Genome Project.

It asks you what music you like and then plays you what it thinks
might suit you, you can then say whether you like it or not and it
will adjust its playlist accordingly.

So far, I've been very happy with their selection and it's a great way
to expand your listening repertoire.

-Melanie

Most presentations/papers and posters have been loaded to the IA Summit 06 website:

http://iasummit.org/2006/conferencedescrip.htm
http://iasummit.org/2006/posters.htm