SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] Enterprise IA 95% un-sexy?

[Sigia-l] Enterprise IA 95% un-sexy?

From: Billie Mandel (Billie.Mandel_at_openwave.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 13:24:17 EST

Wow - you folks are an amazing anthropological study. Fascinating.
Here's my attempt at engaging all these brilliant minds on a different,
hopefully more substantive topic:

It seems to me like many IAs think that enterprise work (intranets,
enterprise software) is not as fun or "sexy" as working on
consumer-facing sites/products. Do you agree? If so, why? I'm curious
to hear your thoughts.

(Context: I'm an EIA kind of gal, am currently working on the
supplemental materials for my poster session at the IA Summit, and
advising my friend who has launched into Enterprise IA by taking my old
job.)

Cheers,
- Billie

Billie Mandel