SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] RE: Sigia-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 30

Re: [Sigia-l] RE: Sigia-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 30

From: Louise Hewitt (lhlists_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 06:06:50 EST

On 1/27/06, Trenouth, John <John.Trenouth_at_cardinal.com> wrote:

> (and honestly, can you name any manual laborers who are now CEOs or
> software or media companies?)

Perhaps you need to rethink your ceilings. My own father began work in
the post room of a large corp and ended up MD. It does happen to
people who aim high.

Your post makes it sound like being an IA would prevent someone from
achieving a high-flying career path. I'm sure thats not what you
intended.

I think most sucessful businesses would agree that any employees who
had a deep understanding of the companies business processes, customer
needs, corporate strategy and goals and the ability to facilitate
communication across different staff units would be an ideal MD (or,
to give them the US TLA: CEO).

my thrupennybit .

Lou.

IA 06 Summit. Mark your calendar. March 23-27, Vancouver, BC. http://www.iasummit.org/