SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] Site map generator?

Re: [Sigia-l] Site map generator?

From: Biswa Dutta Jena (bd_at_faceeffect.com)
Date: Sat Dec 10 2005 - 11:06:57 EST

When we are looking into the physical folder structure then it is fine
that a tool can retrieve the hierarchy.But in case of websites, it is no
more physical location. I am feeling little dumb when a tool segregates
pages as per hierarchy in the information space and also the depth!!!
The tool at the same time needs to understand meaning of the literature
inside. We have seen when we develop websites we have different ways to
create folder structure. And the folder structure, of course is not the
site map. Well, Dreamweaver and GoLive to these kind of things but again
cross linking is the problem for most of the tools.

Humans are needed to do a full proofing.

--
Regards,
*Biswa Dutta Jena*