SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] integrated catalogues?

Re: [Sigia-l] integrated catalogues?

From: Listera (listera_at_rcn.com)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 22:01:52 EDT

Skot Nelson:

> On the other hand, a comment from another mailing list:
>>> I was just wondering if you had a link to the Interesting Breeze
>>> stuff. I'm not familiar with it and couldn't narrow down a google
>>> search enough to find it.
> demonstrates that Google still has shortcomings, when trying to
> perform tight searches. The searcher, in this case, had substantial
> context.

I don't know what the said context is, but I do know and use Breeze. If you
were new to Google and just searched for "breeze", the very first URL listed
is indeed the most comprehensive on Breeze and it's the gateway to virtually
everything MM offers on it:

<http://www.macromedia.com/software/breeze/>

If you knew how to use Google just a little bit and entered something like

"breeze videoconferencing site:macromedia.com"

You'd get over 200 hits on various aspects of Breeze from local and overseas
MM sites as well as MM blogs. If you searched within those results there and
can't still find the doc, I'd doubt it'll show up.

Google may have many shortcomings. Loose anecdotes on how web professionals
can't find what they want with it are not a reliable gauge of its structural
shortcomings.

----
Ziya

Best Practices,
For when you've run out of your own ideas and context.

IA 06 Summit. Mark your calendar. March 23-27, Vancouver, BC