SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] IA with Flash sites

Re: [Sigia-l] IA with Flash sites

From: Terrence Wood (tdw_at_funkive.com)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 20:22:33 EDT

On 6 Aug 2005, at 3:18 AM, Brian Verhoeven wrote:

> I like to keep an inspiration file, and I find that sites like 'best of
> the web, the webbies, and digital thread provide some inspiration,
> however, I am always looking for more avenues of inspiration.

I personally think directory lists, self-nominated best-of's, and
industry award sites are not a very good place to look. Not inspiring
at all IMO.

Generally, I follow blogs and mailing lists and pick up inspirational
sites from contextual conversations.

Maybe this is a good starting point:
http://www.veen.com/jeff/archives/000705.html (Be sure to read D. Keith
Robinsons comment) or these: zeldman.com, alistapart.com and
stopdesign.com

kind regards
Terrence Wood.

IA 06 Summit. Mark your calendar. March 23-27, Vancouver, BC