SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] IA as fashion designers?

Re: [Sigia-l] IA as fashion designers?

From: Andrew Boyd (andrew_at_friendlymanual.com)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 03:45:25 EDT

Listera wrote:

>Yes, with one difference though: I think, the "infrastructure" (fabric) is
>on its way to getting commoditized. Think of the applications of the
>non-wearable kind: commercial displays, home curtains, electric blankets,
>computer/appliance bags, etc. I love it because it decouples the notion of
>Design from its current computer-screen/web-page metaphor, and, of course,
>because it'll redefine the phrase "navel gazing" if there's in fact an
>embedded TV screen on one's t-shirt.:-)

Mmmm... commoditisation :) We've already got camouflage suits a la
Neuromancer, I'm thinking Virtual Light head-up displays inside our
eyeglasses with a voice interface. Has anyone worked out an effective
voice-activated substitute for the mouse yet that is not just a
glorified tab key?

PS: apologies to all for not trimming my last post - the excitement got
too much for me :)

Cheers, Andrew

--
Andrew Boyd	andrew_at_friendlymanual.com
http://www.friendlymanual.com