SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] Metadata & Taxonomies

[Sigia-l] Metadata & Taxonomies

From: degaba (degaba_at_prodigy.net)
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 09:43:25 EDT

I really need some fast input on this and hope that this list can help. I
need to outline a plan from start to finish for integrating a taxonomy and
creating metadata standards for a very large in-house content management
system containing every type of digital asset for multiple purposes. The
organization is also very large. I do not have the option currently (but
will likely in a few months) to bring in outside help. Before I can justify
the necessary software and people, I have to get what currently exists under
control and pointed in the right direction in a very fast moving
organization.

This is a really great project and I really enjoy this work however, there
is a lot of work to do here and the opportunity for me to justify the
necessity for good standards and structure and get buy-in is extremely
short. Being able to justify the time I need is critical. I would sincerely
appreciate any suggestions, examples, or resources you could point me to.

I would be happy to detail more off list.

Many thanks in advance.

Katie