SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] Webby Award

[Sigia-l] Webby Award

From: Peter Morville (morville_at_semanticstudios.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 08:39:21 EDT

The folks I've been working with at the National Cancer Institute
(http://www.cancer.gov) just won a Webby Award for the Government category:

        http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/current.php

This comes on top of the 2004 Freddie Award for Best International Health
and Medical Media Site and ascent to the top of the American Customer
Satisfaction Index for E-Government. In my opinion, this success is due to a
great team of people at NCI who are seriously committed to making their
valuable content more accessible by working hard on information
architecture, findability, and user experience design. I'm not sure I've
ever had a client who took IA, UX, and findability so much to heart, and it
seems to be paying off. Cheers!

Peter Morville
President, Semantic Studios
www.semanticstudios.com