SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] Site Map/Index - as Site Element

[Sigia-l] Site Map/Index - as Site Element

From: Jonathan Baker-Bates (Jonathan.Baker-Bates)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 09:14:22 EST

Ritual posting of relevant research in this area:

http://www.stanford.edu/~davidd/iwc2002.pdf

"This study examines user movement through hierarchically structured Web
sites
and the behavioural effects of a constantly visible, textual contents
list...
Users ... dig deeper into the site structure, make less use of the
browser's Back
button, and frequently make navigational movements of great hierarchical

distances."

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Oyster Partners Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Oyster Partners Ltd.