SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] Macromedia Flashpaper [was: Acrobat reader ?]

[Sigia-l] Macromedia Flashpaper [was: Acrobat reader ?]

From: Manu Sharma (manu)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 12:02:04 EST

David:
"The numbers refer to actual, working, installs. The research
methodology is very straightforward. A person is asked to go to a page
and state whether he can or can not see the content of that page (for
example, Flash 5 content, Flash 6 content, Flash 7 content, pdf, .mov,
etc)."

I will question any methodology that puts Windows Media Player at only
51% AND shows Quicktime at a higher distribution of 60%.

http://www.macromedia.com/software/player_census/flashplayer/

How does one explain this when we know that well over 90% of internet
users are on Windows, that people do not usually uninstall or block WMP
and that the most popular way of getting Quicktime is to download it by
visiting Apple website?

Manu.