SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] Sr. Information Architect Position in MD
[Sigia-l] Sr. Information Architect Position in MD
My company, MSD, is a Federal contractor and we are seeking
a senior information architect for a full time position at
the National Cancer Institute in Rockville, Maryland.
* Develop information architecture solutions that fulfill
complex requirements dictated by the particular combination
of users, content, and context of a major biomedical research
and information dissemination organization.
* Employ research methods such as content and task analysis,
usability testing, and stakeholder interviews to identify
problems and opportunities.
* Design site organization, navigation, search, and controlled
* Draw upon user personas, scenarios, blueprints, sitemaps,
wireframes, and other tools to communicate requirements and
solutions to designers, developers, and senior managers.
* Collaborate with team members to enhance and leverage the
existing content management and technology infrastructure
to increase efficiency and enhance the user experience.
Requirements & Qualifications:
* Minimum two to four years of professional information
architecture experience (required), including experience
designing and evaluating organization, navigation, search,
and controlled vocabulary systems for large, complex websites.
* Master's degree in library and information science,
human-computer interaction, or similar field (preferred).
* In-depth knowledge of information architecture and
user-centered design processes, techniques, and tools.
* Working knowledge of database management systems, content
management systems, search engines, HTML, XML, and related
* Excellent communication, organization, and management skills.
This position requires a professional who is adept at
maintaining productive working relationships with diverse
managers and colleagues.
If you are interested, please send your resume and a cover
letter to Laura Byrd, lbyrd_at_msdinc.com, in PDF, MS Word, or
plain text format.
Laura M. Byrd MSD, Inc.
Principal Research Analyst 131 Park Street NE
Health Information Group Vienna, VA 22180-4607
703-281-7440 x153 FAX: 703-281-7636
When replying, please *trim your post* as much as possible.
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments
Searchable list archive: http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/
Sigia-l mailing list -- post to: Sigia-l_at_asis.org
Changes to subscription: http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/sigia-l
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6
: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 06:58:55 EST