SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] 'Enterprise portals'

[Sigia-l] 'Enterprise portals'

From: Peter VanDijck (pvandijck_at_lds.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 16:01:07 EDT

Any ideas on 'enterprise portals'? They are (obviously) being pushed by
the portal vendors. What is it? What should be guiding principles of
building one? I'm looking for ideas on the conceptual level, but no the
usual marketing drab. (I know, not easy).

Here's a starter: what happens with the enterprise portal idea (I refuse
to write 'EP') when the next big thing comes along in 2-3 years? What
are the real, practical applications of an enterprise portal? When
shouldn't you have one? What would it look like? What is the role of
personalization?

Peter