SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] JOB: Senior Information Archit
[Sigia-l] JOB: Senior Information Architect, Baltimore, Maryland
From: Mike Lee (mlee_at_emagination.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 12:33:05 EDT
e.magination is an award-winning Baltimore-based web development firm, which provides insightful professional services and effective technology solutions that combine strategic, creative thinking with deep technology expertise. e.magination is a Microsoft Gold Partner certified in the delivery of a full range of solutions.
Our firm is seeking a Senior Information Architect / User Interface Architect to manage our user-centered interface design process and develop content strategies for large corporate and institutional web sites. The right candidate will be stepping into a user-centered design process and tool set developed over the last three years that has been successfully applied to many projects.
The information architecture team works seamlessly with clients to translate their business needs into user-centric content structures. Our IAs work in a multi-disciplinary environment with visual designers, project managers, business analysts, system architects, lead developers, and systems engineers. This broad and deep involvement brings the IA team into many interesting challenges while affording the opportunity to be a user advocate throughout the organization and to clients.
* Author creative and technical documents which describe how a proposed experience architecture solution addresses the strategic, business, user, and functional requirements of the proposed solution.
* Work closely with strategic and account planning team members to define the audience segments, business requirements and user experience in support of the business solution.
* Work closely with content producers, creative and production personnel to synthesize the product concept, interface design and content presentation.
* Devise information structures such as content hierarchies, site maps and navigational models that are aligned with the defined user experience and business requirements.
* Create wire frames, site maps and user flows that illustrate the layout, navigation controls and information relationships of the interactive design at the page or screen level.
* Articulate, document and manage all aspects of the user experience architecture throughout an engagement's lifecycle.
Qualifications and Skills
* Three to five years of related work experience, creating customer-facing user experience solutions for major clients.
* Demonstrated experience translating complex concepts into interactive experiences through the design and/or implementation of interactive
architectures for Web sites.
* Ability to balance usability, accessibility and Web standards with the desired branding strategy and experience design.
* Strong interpersonal, presentation, written communication and facilitation skills.
* Ability to articulate user experience and design principles to team members such as software engineers and clients.
* Conversant in Web standards such as XHTML, XML, and CSS-based page design.
* Active participation in an IA- or user experience design-related organization, it's publications or events.
* Competent with Visio, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office products.
* Experience with usability testing methods and focus groups a plus.
* Experience with content management solutions a plus.
Qualified candidates will submit a resume to iarecruiting_at_emagination.com . A website of work samples and URLs is preferred, but you may submit a PDF of work samples if the file is under 5 MB.
When replying, please *trim your post* as much as possible.
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments
Searchable list archive: http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/
Sigia-l mailing list -- post to: Sigia-l_at_asis.org
Changes to subscription: http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/sigia-l
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2
: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 22:55:49 EST