Return to http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/0306/0115.html

SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] Questioning common test sc

Re: [Sigia-l] Questioning common test scripting

From: Thomas.Maynard_at_corp.terralycos.com
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 09:51:32 EDT

In my test briefing, as I describe the process to the participants I will
explain that places where they are experiencing frustration or difficulty
are the places where the software is failing to support them in their
tasks. That's when I will say that it's the software that's being
evaluated, not them. Participants usually respond at this point by saying
that they always blame the software when it's not working, not themselves.
Of course, this is a form of self-reporting, and probably suspect...

Tom Maynard
Sr. UI Researcher
Terra Lycos