Return to http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/0306/0061.html

SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] Evaluating the labeling sy

Re: [Sigia-l] Evaluating the labeling systems used by web sites (part II)

From: Joan.Starr_at_sf.frb.org
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 15:35:06 EDT

Thanks for the clarification. You may want to peruse the websites of the
various branches of the Federal Reserve Bank (U.S.). The one I am most
familiar with is the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and the
website is http://www.frbsf.org/.

Good luck,
Joan

Carlos Vílchez Román <adm1_at_viabcp.com>
06/05/03 02:09 AM

        To: Joan Starr <joanstarr_at_earthlink.net>
        cc: "Sigia-l_at_asis.org" <Sigia-l_at_asis.org>, "saga_ma_at_latinmail.com"
<saga_ma_at_latinmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Sigia-l] Evaluating the labeling systems used by web sites (part II)

According to Rosenfeld & Morville (2002):

"Labeling is a form of representation (...) we use labels to represent
large chunks of information in our web sites. For example, 'Contact us'
is a chunk of information, often including a contact name, an address,
and telephone, fax, and e-mail information."

> Hi--can you please elaborate on what you mean by labelling systems? Are
you
> talking about a metadata scheme, or the interface navigation, or
something
> completely different?

I mean labels as elements of the navigation systems (e.g. each item
located in the left side bar).

Banco de Crédito BCP - Dedicados a hacerte la Banca más simple.
Visita nuestra Banca por Internet http://www.viabcp.com