SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] knowledge management

Re: [Sigia-l] knowledge management

From: James Robertson (jamesr_at_steptwo.com.au)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 19:02:29 EDT

At 07:15 8/05/2003, Jody Hankinson wrote:

>I'm interested in talking to people who work with or are part of a
>Knowledge Management initiative. (My apologies if this is in the archives
>- I didn't see anything).
>
>Truth be told, I think the IA I practice could be defined as knowledge
>management, but I'm not quite sure how I fit within the buzz words. My
>questions are motivated by an initiative that is launching with one of my
>clients. I know I need to be part of it, but I'm still figuring out how to
>position myself.
>
>I'd love to hear thoughts, experiences, etc. I'll summarize back to the
>list.

Hi Jody,

There is definitely a strong intersection between
IA, usability and KM. This is something that I contanstly
come across in my intranet work.

For example, a while back I wrote an article titled
"Using usability to direct KM systems":
http://www.steptwo.com.au/papers/kmc_usability/index.html

Cheers,
James

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd

Knowledge Management / Content Management / Intranets

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr_at_steptwo.com.au