SIGIA-L Mail Archives: [Sigia-l] E-business strategy / opportun
[Sigia-l] E-business strategy / opportunity identification
From: Mark Reuten (mark.reuten_at_ingena.com.au)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 21:51:24 EDT
I am currently in the process of describing/ defining a service offering to
help companies identify new e-business opportunities.
Have any of you been involved in this type of work and if so how did you go
Activities that I have identified so far include (in no particular order):
- Touch point analysis, to identify where and how a company (or business
unit) communicates/ interacts with customers, suppliers, employees etc
- identification of services provided
- identification of transactions related to services
- ranking of business improvement potential using criteria such as:
- will it improve customer contact and service provision?
- will it reduce (transaction) cost?
- is the transaction complex?
- can the service/ transaction be electronically delivered?
- Research industry best practices
- Competitive analysis
- Target audience segmentation and insights
- focus groups
- field studies
- Product visualisation/ proof of concept
- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)analysis
I will summarise responses back to the list.
Thanks in advance,
When replying, please *trim your post* as much as possible.
*Plain text, please; NO Attachments
Searchable list archive: http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/
Sigia-l mailing list -- post to: Sigia-l_at_asis.org
Changes to subscription: http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/sigia-l
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2
: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 22:55:48 EST