SIGIA-L Mail Archives: SIGIA-L: Task Copy: Progress Bar vs. Tim
SIGIA-L: Task Copy: Progress Bar vs. Time remaining
From: Eduardo Gomez (egomez_at_umich.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 05:05:35 EST
Hola, (inspired when baking-up some folders in Mac X)
Any thoughts on the following (Mac or PC or ...)
1) How is "Time remaining" calculated? For example, "About a minute" takes
2) Does the Progress Bar visualize the Mbs transfered? If so, how does it
3) # of files being copied: How does this impact Time remaining? Accordingly
for Progress Bar?
- x files with y memory seems to be more precise when visualized
(time,bar) vs. 5x files with y memory??
4) User perspective: which one is better when supervising task? (bar or
- how does this change when the bar is close to the end ( or not moving
- likewise, what does a user do to determine actual status of task when
time becomes unreliable (about a minute)?
Ok...Have a great Friday!
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2
: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 22:55:05 EST