SIGIA-L Mail Archives: SIGIA-L: Desiging for 9-12 year-olds

SIGIA-L: Desiging for 9-12 year-olds

From: Nam-ho Park (npark_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 11:18:47 EST

I am just about to begin work on a education/activity site that has a primary audience whose ages are between 9 - 12 and looking for any information/advice on the following:

- Reports on web usage by 9-12 year-olds
- Best practices for good interaction design for 9-12 year-olds
- Any information architecture tips, lessons, nightmare stories about designing websites for this age range
- List of sites that are successful in engaging this audience

I'm sure there are a lot of things I can't take for granted in this audience group, and I would appreciate any thoughts on this matter. Thanks in advance,

Nam-ho Park