SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: SIGIA-L: Article: Anti-Thesaurus

Re: SIGIA-L: Article: Anti-Thesaurus

From: James Weinheimer (jamesw_at_princeton.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 14:01:45 EST

I thought this was one of the funniest things I've read in awhile. I think that
librarians ought to spend all their time adding words that people should not
search under!

This could be an interesting point to talk about the problems of full-text
searching. The article mentioned something very interesting: I wonder how many
terrabytes are transferred every day for things that people don't want? And how
would that compare to the amount that they really do want?
Jim