SIGIA-L Mail Archives: SIGIA-L: Call for Proposals - IA Summit
SIGIA-L: Call for Proposals - IA Summit 2002
From: Richard Hill (rhill_at_asis.org)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 13:46:59 EST
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
"Refining our Craft": the Third Information Architecture Summit
sponsored by ASIS&T
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
March 15-17, 2002
Copy at http://www.asis.org/Conferences/IA2002/asummit02call.html
The Summit seeks proposals for
- Case studies;
- Presentations that demonstrate innovative and effective information
architecture practices; and
- Case studies will demonstrate concrete information architecture solutions
to challenging problems.
Case Studies should address the theme ("Refining our Craft") and provide
the audience with specific output to take away. The ideal case studies
will place special emphasis on explaining and demonstrating the useful
methods, tools, and metrics that were used to address the problem at
hand. The guidelines for case study submissions are:
* Supply a description of no more than 150 words that is suitable for
inclusion in the Summit's promotions (e.g., the Summit web site).
* The description should concisely detail:
o type of site (e.g., entertainment, portal, intranet)
o problem addressed
o solution applied (e.g., method, tool, metrics for evaluation)
* If possible, include the candidate site's URL.
* MARKETING PITCHES FOR AGENCIES OR THEIR CLIENTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
- The guidelines for presentations should follow a similar form but describe:
* what core IA issue is addressed
* what the audience will learn/take-away from the presentation
* how the presentation will reflect the theme of 'refining our craft"
- Complete guidelines for posters are located at
http://www.asis.org/Conferences/IA2002/posters.html. The topic for posters
is "clear thinking visualized." How do you use diagramming to understand a
problem? To communicate a solution? Now's your chance to trot out your
killer deliverables, or scratchy scribbles that make your IA really work.
We encourage work by students, developers and designers, work of a
specialized nature, work concerning new features, design elements, methods
or processes, controversial topics, and work in progress.
The submission deadline is November 30, 2001 for Case Students and
Presentations. Email your submission to rhill_at_asis.org with the subject
line: [your last name] Case Study Proposal
[Your last name] Presentation Proposal
The deadline for Poster proposals will be January 12 and Poster proposals
should be sent to
rhill_at_asis.org and posters_at_eleganthack.com, subject line: [your last name]
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD 20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
PHONE: (301) 495-0900
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2
: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 22:54:53 EST