SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: SIGIA-L: OT: Prayers for those in Ne

Re: SIGIA-L: OT: Prayers for those in New York and Washington

From: Lucie Melahn (lucie_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 17:38:22 EDT

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Thanks, Lou.
I just got back from the Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, where I was hoping to give blood. They are still receiving casualties, and they told me that for blood donations, I should come back tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 9am. So if you are in NYC, don't bother the hospitals tonight, go back tomorrow.

I hope everyone who is able to give blood considers doing it, even if you are not in the immediate area. My brother in Kentucky says that his hospital is preparing to ship blood to NY if needed.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:21:12 -0400 lou_at_louisrosenfeld.com wrote:
> URL for how to give blood (from the American Red Cross):
>
> http://www.redcross.org/where/where.html

---
lucie_at_cloud9.net

"If I did not wear torn pants, orthopedic shoes, frantic disheveled hair, that is to say, if I did not tone down my beauty people would go mad. Married men would run amuck." --Brenda Ueland