SIGIA-L Mail Archives: RE: SIGIA-L: Global nav during a process?

RE: SIGIA-L: Global nav during a process?

From: MMdeaton (mmdeaton_at_mmdeaton.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 15:05:39 EDT

My experience is to leave it and let the user control what they are doing.
This could mean the process has to be designed to be interrupted: saves
data
already entered, leaves some Go Back to... link visible or so on. I also
think it is critical to let people know how many steps they are doing to
have to go through to complete the process. They may want to leave because
they realize they have not got the time, for example.

Mary Deaton
Deaton Information Design
Web Shui at Builder.com
http://builder.cnet.com/webbuilding/0-7705.html?tag=st.bl.3880-8-4170752-1