SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: SIGIA-L: Personal Knowledge/Research

Re: SIGIA-L: Personal Knowledge/Research Management tool

From: Grey, Denham C. (dgrey_at_iupui.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 10:01:40 EDT

Personal preferences differ. I use Wiki an open source
web-publishing tool available across multiple platforms
to construct 'switchyards', i.e., web pages with URLs.
Indexing is free form via hyperlinks.

http://www.voght.com/cgi-bin/pywiki?DenhamGrey

Indexing is free form.

In another version, there is visual navigation and page,
concept search and link traversing.

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?StartingPoints

Another approach is to use a free form database e.g.
AskSam and KWIC

http://www.asksam.com/

I guess it depends on where your primary needs are:
anywhere anytime access, strong search, minimum
structure, visual navigation, explicit categorization,
flexible ontology, collaborative evolution ????

Denham