SIGIA-L: Report from IA 2000: Discussion on IA NotationFrom: Steve Toub (toub_at_argus-inc.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 16:20:22 EST
At the IA2000 conference in San Diego late last month, ~20 folks gathered to
The most intriguing takeaway was that there was barely any discussion of IA
A very rough sketch of what we discussed is below. For others who attended,
* Most deliverables were 11x17. One person used a large plotter and folks
* For some, rapid prototyping is the heart of what they do. The prototype
Types of IA Deliverables
Flow charts, task analysis
Wireframes, mockups, "real estates"
Page requirements document
Unresolved Questions on Methodology
* Does methodology differ between in house IAs and consultants?
* What is the "right" team configuration?
* What is the "right" way to collaborate?
Unresolved Questions on Tools and Deliverables
* How and where to share deliverables?
* How to maintain deliverables?
* How to handoff deliverables?
Unresolved Questions on Notation
* What characteristics would a solution have?
* What method would lead to a solution?
* Who has the authority to decide?
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Sun Nov 23 2003 - 22:54:26 EST