SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: SIGIA-L: IA > IA Markup Language

Re: SIGIA-L: IA > IA Markup Language [iaml]

From: Edward M. Housman (emh_at_mitre.org)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 06:46:59 EDT

XML is becoming the gorilla in our back yard. Please sing out on your
experience with XML/DTD/XSL/XML Schemas/etc., and plans to use it. I
just got back from the XML2000 conference in Boston, and immediately
afterward took an internal MITRE course.

It is not XML itself, it appears, that is such a big deal, but the fact
that it has been embraced by all the big players, and very powerful and
inexpensive tools and methods are being perfected to use XML in the web
world.

--Ed