SIGIA-L Mail Archives: SIGIA-L: IA > IA Markup Language [iam

SIGIA-L: IA > IA Markup Language [iaml]

From: Gordon Montgomery (gordonm_at_fusive.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 20:27:47 EDT

niche market I'd say.

I'm looking at XML as a markup language for IA [IAML] to classify
Information.

Like a library cataloging system in fact :-)

What the teckkies think it's for:
"XML is a method for putting structured data in a text file"

What we're going to use it for:
"XML may eventually blow the doors off usability as it's currently
discussed"

XML is the technology to look at >>>

seriously
http://www.w3.org/XML/